12 May 2018
All Nations Christian College, Hertfordshire
GOfest has joined together with All Nations to bring you a dynamic, mission-focused event which aims to celebrate what God is doing in his world and inspire our involvement in his mission locally and globally.
A full programme for children of Primary School age and teens will be provided during the day (more details below).
Beyond the day at All Nations, GOfest will seek to serve churches across the region through ongoing partnerships with a vision to see whole-life disciples, as part of the whole church reaching the whole world!.
We are delighted that Celia Apeagyei-Collins and George Verwer will be with us to give the keynote messages at the start and close of the day.
Celia Apeagyei-Collins is the founder of the Rehoboth Foundation, an organisation offering, among other things, leadership development and consultancy for the fulfilment of both individual and corporate vision. She also runs a mentoring network for leaders, coming alongside leaders for community transformation.
A regular speaker at events worldwide, Celia has also served as a pastor and the principal of a Bible college. She is a Vice President for Tearfund, a Director for Operation Mobilisation and a trustee for Churches in Communities International. She is listed as one of the most influential black women in the UK today.
George Verwer is the founder of Operation Mobilisation (OM) and is author of several books on the challenge of radical discipleship. Most people recognise George from his world map windbreaker jacket and the giant globe he throws around at speaking engagements.
From the start of George’s missionary adventure in 1964 when he was just 19 years old, OM has grown into an international movement working in 110 countries and in world port communities through their unique ministry ship, Logos Hope.
Ticket prices (includes refreshments on arrival and during breaks):
- Adults - £12
- Children 5 - 18 and full time students - £5
- Children under 5years - free
- Optional BBQ lunch - £5 (tickets must be purchased prior to the event)
10:30 - 17:30
- Celia Apeagyei-Collins, Rehoboth Foundation
- George Verwer, founder of Operation Mobilisation (OM)
- Peter Oyugi, Africa Inland Mission (AIM) Diaspora Ministry
- Mark Galpin, All Nations Christian College
- Louisa Evans, All Nations Christian College
- John Hookway, Vicar of Christ Church, Ware
- Matthew Skirton, OM
- Usha Reifsnider
10.30-11.00 - Arrival, welcome, coffee
11.00-12.00 - GOreflect 1
12.00-12.15 - GOconnect & chat
12.15-12.45 - GOinteract 1
12.45-13.00 - GOconnect & chat
13.00:13-30 - GOinteract 2
13.30-14.30 - Lunch, GOconnect: chat & pray
14.30-15.00 - GOinteract 3
15.00-15.15 - GOconnect & chat
15.15-15.45 - GOinteract 4
15.45-16.00 - GOconnect & chat
16.00-17.00 - GOreflect 2
17.00-17.30 - GOconnect & chat
GOreflect sessions include time together to worship and hear from our Keynote speakers
GOconnect sessions offer an opportunity to chat over a coffee, collect some resources and connect with people and organisations serving all over the world
GOinteract sessions offer a choice of topics by our line-up of experts to help build your understanding of, and vision for God’s world. The GOinteract tracks will include: Spreading the news, Making disciples, Loving the least and Challenging Injustice.
Children and Young People
- There is a nursery space available where parents can take their children aged 0-4.
- A full programme for children aged 5-11 will run parallel to the adult programme.
- A programme for teens aged 12-18 will run during the GOinteract sessions
- Alongside the GOfest Key Partners (AIM, Christian Vocations, Global Connections, Gospel for Asia, OM, OMF, WEC, Wycliffe) we will be joined by the following organisations.
- Arab World Ministry of Pioneers
- BMS World Mission
- Cambodia Action
- Church Mission Society
- Cornerstone Bible College for Mission Training
- European Christian Mission (ECM)
- Friends International
- Interserve GBI
- Latin Link
- London City Mission
- New Tribes Mission
- Reach Beyond
- Redcliffe College
£12 for Adults / Children and Students £5